Monday, February 4, 2008

First Post


I figured it was time to move to the blogosphere and share my artwork.  It's also going to serve as a way o keep me motivated to create every day.  Sketches, quicktimes, paintings, photos.  All are valid!  So for the first post, I figure I should upload something new, something old, and something in progress.


Something New
Yesterday I was fiddling around with Illustrator and I started 
with a face.  It progressed into this big-headed, scary woman/drag queen.  I'm not sure about the outfit nor the gesture.  I may go in and fix it, or maybe I will turn to a new freak.




Something Old
I had my first solo gallery show last year.  I have been painting on wood panel with watercolor.  The paint seeps into the wood and it bleeds into the grain.  But I like how it looks.
After that show, I had been invited to submit paintings to two themed group art shows.  The first was for a Britney Spears art show.  The second was based on Warhol.  Here is that painting.  






Something In Progress
I don't know why, but I decided to do a painting of Speed Racer.  I don't know if I'll 
continue on this path.  I don't really have any twists or turns on the theme in mind.   Maybe that's because the movie comes out this summer.

No comments: