Thursday, February 7, 2008

Another late night.



But I think there are better results.  I sketched during the day (during some extra-long meetings).
Maybe the early planning just helped.  At first, I realized that my sketch was inspired by a woman I had a conversation with, earlier in the day.  She had a great bridge on her nose - that, and her eyes may be the only parts that went from my sketch to this piece.  I worked on this while watching my Tivo - Oprah, 2 minutes of American Idol (I hate it when Tivo acts up!), and a recap of America's Next Top Model.  I am really fond of that show.  By the way, I get to sleep in tomorrow morning.  I am so happy!





                                            
                         I wanted to also share my painting I did for the Britney Gallery show I was a part of.  It had 3d glasses next to the painting because you can see the lines 'dance'.  It is acrylic on wood panel.  I think it was a pretty successful piece overall.  I like it more even without the glasses on.  I think the old-school red and blue 3d look is becoming popular.  I just saw Missy Elliot's latest video and it has that similar aesthetic. 


No comments: