Sunday, March 2, 2008

Panda-Man at the BBQ

I don't know why, but I have pandas on the brain.  I started drawing a panda but then started thinking about that SNL skit where Will Ferrell is barbecuing  screams at his kids to get off the shed.  He starts nice and quiet, but then explodes.  Maybe I just like my panda-man - or 'manda bear' in his polo shirt.  I should give him the embroidered logo.  

Actually, I recently got a Cintiq tablet and I have started playing with Painter.  There are lots of fantastic things you can do, but I think the key is to not overdo it.  I think it's really easy to over-work the paintings digitally.  So I am trying to keep it simple. 

I'm not sure how the comb-over is 'keeping it simple', but hey.  It's funny.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I love the widget stuff. Really I do. I cant wait to see what you come up with. Your stuff is beautiful, funtastic, and surprising. just like you. bawk!

Unknown said...

This looks like it's out of some freaky dream. I dig it!