Sunday, March 16, 2008

Monster















Lately, I have these recurring nightmares that always star this horrid beast.  Hopefully this sketch will purge my subconscious obsession.  Here's to hoping.

Actually, I enjoyed doing this sketch.  I am practicing more anatomy and exaggerated
 foreshortening.  I dig the hand in the foreground.  I enjoyed doing his nails.  No jokes, please.
Geez, how did his waist get so little?  But in general, practice makes perfect.  And I have a lot of practicing to do!

But the Hulk is still a favorite of mine, even though I am inundated daily with his face.  I find myself sketching his deep set eyes and sloped brow often while I am in various meetings at work.  I also like how his little nose is set really close to his eyes.  I should probably pay more attention during those meetings.   

I decided to update this post with a version in color.  I couldn't stand any more green, especially since St. Patrick's day is tomorrow.  Actually, I was thinking about this sketch on Mad TV which wasn't very funny, but it's good for a chuckle.  

Maybe I should give this Hulk a clutch or something.   

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gay Hulk? I love the pink! I think I saw him dancing at MJs last weekend... Love the hand as well!

Jeremy said...

it IS a tiny little waist! have you been practicing at the tom of finland foundation tuesday night drawing session?

really, I think he's great. I love your blog. and I love your art. and I love you!