Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sneak Peek


I have been asked to be part of another celebrity art show at the World of Wonder Gallery, for which I am very thankful.  And I usually wait for the piece to be complete before I show any works in progress.  But today is a new day and I feel confident about the painting.  It's acrylic on canvas and so far, it's still in the under-painting phase.  Shading, to be precise.  The celebrity is another iconic star - Dolly Parton.  And of course, I have to add the odd animal to the piece.

Updates to come - hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Looks promising!
Reminds me a bit of the Mae West who's rumored to be on the Camel's cigarette logo.

Anonymous said...

Nice!! It's keeping with the precedent set by these pieces you do foe the WoW shows - very nice artwork, with a theme or setting that makes me go "what?!". :)